Webinar Analyzes Findings from 2022 ATM and Self-Service Software Trends Report | WebinarATM Marketplace

As banks have had to make adjustments in light of COVID-19 and customer expectations, they have had to rely more, not less, on self-service channels, including ATMs. A webinar sponsored by KAL ATM Software analyzed the findings of the 2022 ATM and Self-Service Software Trends Report on the evolution of the ATM industry.

The ATM industry is changing. As banks have had to make adjustments in light of COVID-19 and customer expectations, they have had to rely more, not less, on their self-service channels, including ATMs. Recently, KAL ATM Software and ATM Marketplace released the2022 ATM and Self-Service Software Trends Report, which takes an in-depth look at where the ATM industry stands and how financial institutions and other businesses are using them. Living online seminar hosted on ATM Marketplace on October 11, reviewed some of the report’s key findings.

Bradley Cooper, Managing Editor of ATM Marketplace, moderated the webinar with panelists Marylin Bell, Head of Marketing at KAL, and Steve Hensley, Executive Vice President of Global Sales at KAL. Bell kicked off the webinar by discussing some demographic information from the report, as it gathered information from 318 people, 46% of whom were financial institutions. The remaining 54% was made up of “ATM companies, independent ATM deployments and others,” Bell said.

Of particular note, 43% of respondents had one to 500 ATMs, 31% had 500 to 2,000 ATMs, and 26% had more than 2,000 ATMs in operation.

“Respondents were fairly evenly distributed, especially among the larger group,” Bell said during the webinar. The share of big banks has also increased from last year, which had a 14% share of more than 2,000 ATMs in operation in 2021, Bell said.

Although cash usage has declined, Bell said ATMs will not go away as ATMs move to offer more branch services and as a result more banks rely on ATMs.

A survey question in the report asked respondents if they had become more or less dependent on their ATMs in the past 12 months: 45% were more dependent on ATMs, with 34% saying they had remained the same. and 16% saying they were less reliant on ATMs. the device.

Bell also shared respondents’ insights on the topic. Ryan Loesch of Truist Financial Corp. said: “Yes, most certainly during the periodic spikes of COVID, ATMs and self-service in general were the only option for customers when lobbies needed to be closed. Closing our merger this year, ATMs (and branches) are a critical customer need and we’ve seen our customers speak to the number of locations and presence in certain geographies.”

When it comes to ATM software, 41% of respondents had already implemented mobile phone integration in their ATMs, and a further 32% said they had contactless transactions in place. Additionally, 37% of banks said contactless ATM withdrawals were a top priority to implement in the near future.

Bell said banks have identified the primary reason for integrating these features as improving the overall customer experience.

“I think it’s not just about the pandemic situation, but how you can provide a better experience for our customers. (You can save time). We have already implemented contactless in Czech Republic,” Miroslav Šimončík of the Czech Republic said in the report.

To find out more, click on here to download the webinar. You can download the 2022 ATM and Self-Service Software Trends Report here.

Bradley Cooper is the publisher of ATM Marketplace and was previously the publisher of Digital Signage Today. He has a background in information technology, advertising and writing.

Veronica J. Snell